GMA Martial Arts Center in Gallatin
About Our Center:
GMA Elite After School Program is an alternative to daycare at an elite learning and martial arts training center. With almost 15,000 sq ft, we offer a great program for children age 5 to 12. We believe in whole self-development of students, including life skills, leadership skills, academics, physical development, and age-appropriate social growth. We are advocates for parent – teacher – instructor communication in order to best assist each student in reaching his/her full potential.
(After School Program) Each day, there is a short academic review lesson if needed after snack and before play. During snack time, social interaction and talking about a student’s day are encouraged in order to review, to open opportunity to discuss problem solving skills, or to reinforce positive actions or academic success. Individual reading times are incorporated at parents’ requests.
Group reading activities incorporate other subjects and different learning areas while focusing on age-level skills to encourage young readers to stay motivated to research and learn. In class, individual tutoring or school classwork review is available upon a parent’s request.
Free play before martial art classes each day (or for those not attending martial arts) is monitored. While interacting and having fun, each student learns fair play, good attitudes when winning or losing, and other social skills which will transfer to their home and school life outside our academy.
This program is designed to complement the focuses in our martial art classes, as well as to standing alone as a wonderful after-school experience for our community’s children. We are currently picking up at local area Elementary Schools, Junior High and High Schools ( Ages 5yrs to 15yrs) please call to see if we pick up at your child’s school.
* Schedule a time with GMA After School Program Director to schedule a tour of our location and fallout the needed registration paperwork. (Tour Appointments 5:30 to 6pm)
Call: Register Today! (731)324-3850
Activities and Benefits:
- Transportation from local schools
- Review of school day
- Tutoring available upon request (If time slot is open)
- Teacher/ parent/ instructor communication sheets
- Academic activities and play
- Life Skills learning & activities
- Manners, discipline & leadership
- Confidence, anti-bullying & goal setting
- Friendship & cooperation, focus etc)
- Arts & Crafts
- Martial Arts – Optional (TaeKwonDo or Gracie Jiu-Jitsu or Both – 1 or 2 Classes per day.)
- Free-play and supervised games
- NO Bully Zone
- Family Atmosphere
- All staff are background checked
- All staff are CPR certified
- Child Development Expert (Bachelor’s Degree CSUF)
- Certified Master Level MA Teachers ( High Level Black Belts)
- 4-6 Week Summer Program available
Major holidays we are closed like Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year, Labor Day, Memorial Day & 4th of July Weekend.
*We may also close for severe weather days and school closed days. Tuition is still due during short school weeks and incremental weather days.
To maintain status in the program there is a weekly $30 Maintenance Fee During Fall Breaks, Summer Break and Holiday weeks. You are still billed the normal rate durning teacher days, school holidays and federal holidays. We do not prorate weeks or sick days.
* Non Martial Arts Students will have second position on the roster for the following year registration.