Military Style Hapkido - The Original Traditional MMA
Our adult GMA HapKiDo Program is a non-sport elite combat self-defense style for adult civilians, law enforcement and military personnel. HapKiDo employs joint locks, pressure points, throws, ground self defense, kicks, and other strikes. HapKiDo practitioners train to counter the techniques of other martial arts and common unskilled street attacks including knife, club and gun removal techniques.
GMA HapKiDo is a complete system and contains both long, close range and ground fighting techniques, utilizing dynamic kicking, percussive hand strikes at inner ranges, elbows, knees, pressure point strikes, joint locks and devastating throws. We also incorporates basic Rocian Gracie Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu for ground self defense skills. HapKiDo emphasizes circular motion, non-resisting movements and control of the opponent. Practitioners seek to gain advantage through redirection of force, balance, footwork and body positioning to employ bone breaking leverage and throws, avoiding the use of strength against strength.
GMA HapKiDo is a fully comprehensive combat fighting style and as such tries to avoid narrow specialization in any particular type of technique or range of fighting. It maintains a wide range of tactics for striking, standing joint-locks, throwing techniques (both pure and joint manipulating bone breaking throws) and pinning / grappling self defense techniques.
We also offer programs for military and law enforcement officers and incorporate basic TDT, Hapkido and Rocian Gracie Jiu-Jitsu tactics for ground fighting which can be adjusted for police and military use. GMA only offers the top certification through top HapkiDo organizations. (GHF- KHF – KKAHMA – WCHF)
What you will learn on your way to becoming a Black Belt:
- Stand Up Defensive Fighting (Kicks – Blocks – Strikes – Throws)
- Ground Defensive Fighting (Take Downs, Arm Bars, Ground Control)
- Standing & Ground Control Tactics (Cuffing & Joint Manipulation)
- Self Defense Tactics ( Defense Against Grabs, Throws, Ground Attacks)
- Redirection Tactics ( Balance Control)
- Pressure Point Training (Strike Zones and Devastating Strikes)
- Bone Breaking Tactics ( Twisting & Shater Zones)
- Weapon Defense (Gun, Knife and Club Defense)
- Weapons Training ( Cane, Bo Staff, Short Stike, Sword, Sai, Knife)
- Self Defense Against Multiple Attackers ( 1-2-3-4 )
Learn HapKi-Do a great Martial Arts, Self Defense and Leadership. We offer great HapKi-Do classes for adults and family members over the age of 12.
( KHF-KKAHF-WCHF )